Sunday, October 24, 2010

A New Heart

So it is pretty obvious that God has been screaming one thing to me lately and it has been very evident in the sermons that have been delivered to me lately:

I NEED TO CHANGE MY HEART

Up until now I thought I have been pretty faithful. I go to church a few times a week, I read my Bible daily, I go to studies, I listen to devotionals, I read faithed based literature and I serve in Children's minstries........

This is just not enough.......

I mean as far as a servants heart I have one, but I need to do more and God is laying on my heart to do more.

I have been going to Calvary Chapel's Saturday evening service and the pastor there was talking about how people will raise their hand during an altar call and SAY that they accept Jesus into their heart - but do they really? This really made my heart sort of jolt. I wondered if people see me like that. Do people look at me and say "Wow, she is really a child of God."

Then today during at my home church Pastor Kyle basically was delivering the same message.

Again, I just felt compelled.

I crave to grow closed to my Lord. I crave to hear his voice and be in his presence. I want to be like Jesus.

 So I need to change my heart. I really don't need to worry about if the person next to me knows I am a Christian. That is a bonus, don't get me wrong. But if I throw all my cares, worries and petty things out the door and trust Him wholly that will come.

I really mean this.

I want to see all of my friends and family in Heaven celebrating with out Father someday.

Father please work in me and created in me a new heart. I want to show everyone on this Earth the peace their is in Your presence.

Amen.

No comments: