Friday, October 22, 2010

Masssshhhhhhed Potaaattttoes!!!

Oh my gosh I absolutely adore mashed potatoes. I can eat them all day long. There is just something about a big 'ole mound of that fluffy white starchiness smothered butter that can cure any bad day. I have passed this love of potatoes onto Sydney. Everytime I make mashed potatoes she proceeds to fill her plate with ONLY the potatoes and nothing else and I have to say "Sydney, you need to take a piece of chicken and a green veggie to balance out your place" to which she replies "but Mom, I am only hungry for your wonderful potatoes." Now how can I argue with a child who has just complimented my cooking. So for all of you potato lovers out there here is my ultimated mashed potatoes

3 1/2 c chicken broth
5 large potatoes, cut into 1" pieces
1/2 c light cream
1/2 c sour cream
1/4 c fresh chopped chives (you can leave this out if chives freak your kids, or husbands out)
2 tbsp butter
3 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled - save some for garnish
black pepper (I prefer fresh ground, just regular old pepper will do)

Directions:

Heat broth and potatoes in saucepan over med-high heat to a boil. Reduce heat to med. Cover and cook 10 minuted or until potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving the broth.

Mash potatoes with 1/4 c of the broth, light cream, sour cream, chives, butter and bacon and pepper. Add more broth and butter if need for your kind of consistency. Sprinkle extra bacon on top!!!

No comments: